When it comes to marketing there are various modes of advertising that one can give a shot to reach wide audience within the shortest time possible. Sometimes, it would be important to try all sorts of marketing to get the best results. Advertising can be put into two classes: direct and indirect and indoor and outdoor advertising.
- Direct and indirect advertising – When a message is to be directed at a particular target audience, direct advertising is best. It can be through letters to consumers to buy certain products or services. Indirect advertising is used when many people are being targeted in the general public. It may be undertaken by advertising agencies.
- Indoor and outdoor advertising – In the indoor advertising, the messages are delivered through different media to target audiences. They can be newspapers, indoor screens, portable monitor kiosk, films and video. It is an indirect advertising strategy. Outdoor advertising is placed out in the open at strategic places to attract people as they pass by. They may be posters, paintings bulletins, sky writing and so forth. The difference between the two is the cost as most indoor adverts require the consumer to pay for them whilst for outdoor, the consumer enjoys it for free.
The advantages of indoor advertising
- There is a high number of people who get to see the advert about 8 to 50 thousand customers daily.
- There is a powerful audio visual effect at the point of sale on the consumer which attracts his attention.
- It is advertising with an entertainment angle that greatly appeals to the consumer. It is also very informative to the consumer.
- There is an opportunity for local and short campaigns on adverts in selected stores at certain times.
- By reaching high consumers in supermarkets, you get high income generated.
- It is informative about promotions, discounts and ongoing sales in the supermarket.
- The premises can be office centers, movie theatres, banking halls, train stations and airports among others.
- You get to impact the consumer at the point of sale.
- You penetrate those hard to get consumers who only visit elite centers and select premises.
Prime areas that can give you greatest coverage include:
- Restrooms where you get to interact with people on a personal level and they cannot ignore it because it is all there to see. Most of these advertisements are read 95 to 100% of the time. The most common one is in the form of wall posters. You can customize them depending on the venue of the restroom so that it is appropriate.
- Social sites such as face book and twitter.